New WordPress Themes

Monday, January 5, 2009

Rockets Reach Ashkelon and Ashdod, Rocking Their Worlds | The Jewish Exponent

Rockets Reach Ashkelon and Ashdod, Rocking Their Worlds | The Jewish Exponent: "The Shock of Her Life
Galit Ben-Asher Yonah, 37, said it was 'the shock of my life' to discover that her home in Gan Yavne, a bedroom community near Ashdod, has come under attack.
Gan Yavne was hit for the first time on Dec. 28, and two more rockets fell on Dec. 29. It is the farthest point north that the rockets have reached to date.
Yonah, originally from Los Angeles, is the mother of two young daughters and a newborn son.
She says that she will be keeping all her children at home for the next few days.
'Never in my life did I think I would have to explain to my 5-year-old that we have to go to the basement because a bomb was falling,' she said. 'And there she was guiding me, telling me to cover my head with my hands and stay away from the window as she was taught in nursery school.'
Tal, her 5-year-old, also brought down a snack of bananas and cookies for them after the first rocket fell, telling her in a serious but calm voice that they might be sitting in the basement, which is reinforced against rockets, for a while."

No comments: